Thursday, February 11, 2010

Frustration Mounts

I am not going to pretend to be what I am not.  For the life of me, I can't figure out why it is so darn hard to sit myself at the keyboard and write!  Once I get into the manuscript, I have a great time.  These days I just have a knot in my stomach.  I was comforted by another author who said something to the effect that she, too, has pondered thoughts of inadequacy with every single project she has written.  People ask me frequently where they can buy my book and it's getting old to say, "Well, it's not out there yet.....but it's coming."  I have taken to my knees on this; I am asking the Lord to help!!  I have the time, but I dither it away with one thing or another.  I have a perfectionistic streak in me that wants everything in my house in order before I sit to concentrate.  I look around and see bathrooms that need tending to, laundry that should go in, vacuuming waiting to be finished and paper that needs to be dispatched to its places.  Ahhhhh!    Today?  Well, today I have time, but I am not sure.  I had planned to drive to Macon to return clothes that didn't fit.  That would take 2-3 hours minimum.  Or I could get a cup of coffee, ignore the visual noise, and open the folder that is just within my sight to the right.  (I glance over to see if it's looking back at me....)  OK, OK, I am going to get the coffee and open the folder.  God, help!  I don't like this part.


No comments:

Post a Comment