Thursday, November 12, 2009

Finding The Time

I am in disbelief that today is Thursday.  I had so many plans for this week, a list of things to complete before leaving for Claxton on Friday (where I will ride in my 2nd Century--see previous post).  I barely scratched the surface in terms of my writing.  It's just plain hard to find uninterrupted blocks of time.  My house is busy!  Kids going in all directions, pets to tend to and the mundane cleaning and maintaining.  If everyone would just be quiet for a day so that I can sit in my office and let the words flow!  It isn't going to happen.  I have to learn to close the door and block out the world on the other side.

I am going to try to get some writing done today, but I have several big errands to deal with in between.  I have been up for nearly two hours and have managed to drink 2 cups of coffee and eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while I caught a few minutes of Fox and Friends.  I'll need to focus intently to ignore the guys who are tending to the yard today and the other guys that are repairing two drywall ceilings and the dogs that are whining because they are afraid of both sets of guys.  We'll see.

The ONLY way any of my day will make sense is if I stop right now and spend some time "alone" with my Master!  I want what He wants for me today.  It is futile to try to accomplish anything until I have met with Him to see what is on my "To Do" list.  I can't add hours to this day, especially to the part that has already entered history.  I wish I could go back to 730 and start over.  It doesn't work that way.  My only option is to STOP and REGROUP!

(Ahhhhhh.....one of the cats just escaped!  Here kitty kitty......)

Hope your day is exciting and blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment