Friday, November 6, 2009

Free To Be Fit Progress Report

 I was up until after midnight on Wednesday evening revising Chapter 2:  Stubborness has Virtue.  "Stubborn" has such a negative connotation and is always viewed as a character flaw.  I turned it around and looked at it from a positive perspective.  

Yesterday flew by with no time at all to write.  I got up at my usual hour and felt the loss of sleep all day long.

Today was unusually full and wearisome.  I plopped down on the couch in front of the television and watched about 15 minutes of Andy Griffith, but it just couldn't hold my interest. I kept thinking about how close I was to finishing Chapter 2.  I climbed the stairs to my office and that's where I've been since.  Chapter 2 is finished and Chapter 3:  The Battle for the Mind,  is about 75% done.  I've been writing about obsession, idolatry and fear.  God's Word has tons to say on this and I have had a blast!

Do you remember the TV commercial from a while back...the background music was the song "You're Always On My Mind."  The ad was for a weight loss product and the picture showed various women involved in their normal lives, but with a bathroom scale chained to their ankle, ball and chain style.  What an accurate image of the preoccupation that some people have with their body weight.

Chapter 4:  (no title yet) is where the motivation to be physically fit comes from.  It's my favorite topic, but it's one that is hard to find words for.  It will be interesting to see how God puts just the right words in my head.

One more thing before I click "publish post."  The LORD has provided a very talented graphic artist to design the cover and pages of Free To Be Fit.  He is a friend of Christian's (my oldest son).  He and Christian were dorm mates while they were in school at Liberty University.  You can see Nate's work at www.natevanderende.com.  God is good!

Thanks for stopping by,

Joan




No comments:

Post a Comment